Friday, November 9, 2012

Thanksgiving!

EEEeeeek! Thanksgiving is 13 DAYS AWAY!!!!  It's amazing how time flies.  Throughout the retail industry Thanksgiving seems to be left behind and the focus is more on Black Friday and Christmas.  Although those are important in their own right, lets take a break from present-pressure and relax and enjoy Thanksgiving!  It's supposed to be a holiday about celebrating those close to you, whether they be friends or family.  Take a deep breath, unplug yourself for a little while.  Shopping can wait, your To-Do's  can be put off another day.  Enjoy the people most important.  Face to face or over the phone. (Literally over the phone, texting doesn't count!) 
You may wonder why, a retail florist, would seem to dissuade you from shopping.  It's simple really, the holiday season becomes such a crushing weight of burden, of shopping, lists, too many demands and too little time that I see more and more customers overwhelmed and not truly enjoying themselves.  Do I want you to shop local ? Of course.  But more importantly I want everyone to slow down.  Life is precious and can be cut short in an instant. 
Being in the retail industry, Most retail workers see upwards of 80+ hour work weeks preceding the holidays.  The best part of Thanksgiving is when we close the shop and I can spend those precious moments with my family.   When I finally get to "slow down" and enjoy the holiday how it was meant to be enjoyed.  And be Thankful that I have so many great people in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment