Thursday, January 17, 2013

2013 Bridal Expo Bouquets

I had a great time at the Winchester Bridal Expo this year.  I was able to meet tons of newly engaged ladies, and the wedding dates vary from next month to next year!  I always love catching up with my fellow wedding vendors and meeting new vendors.  And because I have such a great relationship with Julie Napear Wichern of Julie Napear Photography, she photographed my work from the show!
(see more of her photography : www.jsnphoto.com)
 

 
New and Old



 
One of my favorite themes that gained popularity last year, and is expected to be just as big this year, is incorporating brooches, jewelry or other personal items into the wedding bouquet.  This is a great way to personalize your wedding flowers to reflect your style, your family origins, your interests, just about anything.  The bouquet above features white hydrangea, white roses, and white lisianthus accented with brooches I found at one of the local antique shops, Past & Present.  I would suggest that if you want this look, start the search for brooches/jewelry EARLY as you will more than likely have to visit several shops in your area, if not more than to get the overall "look" you desire.  Keep in mind that earrings and necklace pendants work equally as well.  All 3 were used to create this look.
 
 
Lavender and shades of Purple are still going strong this year.  I designed several weddings around this color scheme, and all of them were different.  In this bouquet I wanted to show texture and interest so I incorporated silver brunia berries, green bupluerum and limonium to accent the white ranunculus and lavender roses.
 

Soft, retro/vintage, elegance,  are words I see popping up again and again.  I followed a pastel color scheme with white ranunculus, champagne spray roses, white lisianthus and seeded eucalyptus.

 Accenting the lace and satin ribbon is another brooch found locally.




This bouquet was extremely light-weight.  The silver collar is aluminium and ultra light.  It comes accented with pearls and is available in silver, copper and gold. I sheltered it with tulle, available in a wide variety of colors. White ranunculus and white lisianthus,  all very light weight as they have small stem circumference (and I thought I'd never use math again- HA)
 

One of my favorites, and one that I got a lot of feedback on was a funky tropical bouquet.  It can be designed with or with out the copper glitter greenery.  Tropicals are a safe bet for outdoor summer weddings because they love the heat.  This bouquet uses birds of paradise (only available in orange/blue combo), orange"Unique" roses, and yellow hypericum berries. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment